Baking Bread 101 shows you how to make bread — delicious, gourmet bread — from simple ingredients in your cupboards! Learn tips and techniques for yeast bread from sourdough starter to fabulous gourmet artisan bread — there’s no need to be intimidated!
You’ll even learn some interesting things about the various topics that you might not have known before.
BakingBread-101 is dedicated to you becoming an artisan bread maker. I will demystify how to make bread for you through:
- Baking tips & tricks to make your experience easy and fun.
- Bread baking pitfalls and solutions.
- Bread baking equipment.
- Kitchen Math — Equivalencies, Substitutions, and Conversions.
- Ingredients — what you need, bread yeast and flour.
- Bread Starter — tips, how to make it, and making bread with it, including sourdough starter.
- Easy Gourmet Bread Recipes — Amish Friendship bread, Amish Egg Harbor (white) bread, Apple Bread, Challah, Cinnamon, Dill, Fabulous Bagels, French, Naan, Pita, German pumpernickel, American pumpernickel, rye, Swedish Limpa rye, and white sandwich bread. As time goes on, more recipes will be posted so check the Easy Recipes section often!
- Nutritional Information — Stuff your body needs and why it needs it.
I began to bake when I was a very young girl. It didn’t matter what it was — cookies, cakes, or other treats — take your pick! It was fun to scrutinize cookbooks and experiment with family recipes to make something delicious.
Then I tried baking a loaf of bread and I was hooked!
Kneading dough soothed my nerves. I got to twist and stretch and roll it around. No matter how much I mangled the blob of yeast and flour — it smelled phenomenal baking in the oven (talk about aromatherapy before it was popular!). The soft, chewy insides and crispy crusts of loaves fresh from the oven made my mouth water and indulged my taste buds!
The fact that it disappears is quite compelling! Unlike other crafts where you run out of places to put your creations, baking bread can be done regularly — it also makes wonderful gifts!
I hope you enjoy yourself as you learn to bake artisan breads the easy way.